Food Supply Chain opportunities for Africa 2023
Food supply chain opportunities in Africa come with immense potential for progress for developing nations. As the continent continues to modernize, the current farming practices, transportation infrastructure, and other supply chain-generated systems become increasingly inadequate to respond to the needs of the continent.
- Béates, Sabine. “Emerging African Countries, ’digitalization’ & Food Supply Chains.” Food Logistics, 2020, https://www.foodlogistics.com/blog/12612229/emerging-african-countries-digitalization-food-supply-chains.
- The International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI). “Improving Nutrition and Reducing Poverty in Africa.” Procurement and Supply Chain, Dec. 2019, https://www.ifpri.org/publication/improving-nutrition-and-reducing-poverty-africa.
- McClure, James. “How Africa Is Leveraging the Sustainable Development Goals.” Supply Chain Digital, July 2020, https://www.supplychaindigital.com/sustainability/how-africa-
- Meharg, Andrew, et al. "Environmental and Health Risks of Agricultural Intensification in North Africa." Current Opinion in Environmental Sustainability, vol. 28, 2017, pp. 92-102.
- Smith, Matthew. "Transportation Challenges in African Food Supply Chain Inhibiting Growth and Trade." Cerasis website, 23 June 2015, www.cerasis.com/2015/06/23/transportation-challenges-african-food-supply-chain-inhibiting-growth-trade/. Accessed 1 June 2020.
- Girma, B.D., Senbeta, A.Y. (2019). Container shipping in Africa: opportunities in the region’s food supply chain. African Journal of Food, Agriculture, Nutrition and Development, 19(4),19448-19464. Girma, B.D., Senbeta, A.Y. (2020). Container Shipping in Africa: Can Food Security be Improved? Journal of East African Studies, 12(2), 195-208.
- Afolayan, A. (2017). Building Food Security in Africa Alongside the Global Food Supply Chain. Development perspectives.
- Mbanasor, C. C., Njoku, C., Sanusi, Z. O., & Oko, G. A. (2016). Exploring Opportunities for Enhancing Agriculture Supply Chain in Sub-Saharan Africa. Agriculture and Agricultural Science Procedia, 8, 16-26.
- Sanyang, B., De La Torre Ugarte, D. G., & Barthel, I. (2020). Strategic Investments in the Food System: Implications for the Global Food Supply Chains of Sub-Saharan Africa. Sustainability, 12(4), 1549.